The Primary Care Knowledge Boost Podcast: COVID-19 Episode 6: ShieldingPublished: 22nd April 2020
COVID-19 Episode 6: Shielding (supported by GP Excellence)
There have been a lot of questions within primary care regarding shielding and vulnerable patients. Sara and Lisa speak to Dr Joanna Bircher and Dr Viren Mehta about the confusion and get their thoughts on the subject.
In the episode we cover:
- Demystifying all of the terminology and putting it into simpler terms.
- What has been asked of primary care with regards to these lists of patients, tips on how to complete these tasks and where to look for help.
- How to support extremely vulnerable/shielded and vulnerable patients as a practice, and how to safely manage clinical issues that arise for these people during COVID-19.
- Other groups of patients that might need extra support but don’t fall into the shielded (extremely vulnerable, high risk) category.
- Patient employment issues in primary care with relation to shielding.
We really want to make these episodes relevant and helpful: if you have any questions or want any particular areas covered then contact us on Twitter @PCKBpodcast, or leave a comment on our really quick anonymous survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/YYQ763C
Listening to us on a podcast app
If you listen to podcasts already, you can find us on your favourite podcast app by searching “Primary Care Knowledge Boost”.
If you don’t have a podcast app, it is free and easy to install on your phone:
- Go to your phone’s app store (the Google Play Store for Android users and the iTunes store for iPhone users)
- Download a podcast app. Our favourites are ‘Castbox’, ’Pocketcasts’, and ‘Spotify’ as well as Apple’s own ‘Podcasts’ app for iPhone users.
- Open your app and search for ‘Primary Care Knowledge Boost’
- Click “Subscribe”.
Once you have installed an app and subscribed you should now be able to view our previous podcasts and will be notified when we post new ones.
Listening to us via direct link
If you want to listen directly, you can do so here: https://primarycareknowledgeboost.podbean.com/
This may not work on NHS computers but you should be able to open it on a phone, or personal computer/tablet.
Add to favourites
Comments are closed.