The Primary Care Knowledge Boost Podcast: COVID-19 – Episode 2Published: 1st April 2020
In this, our second of the COVID-19 specific episodes, GPs Lisa and Sara are joined electronically by Dr Dan Bunstone (GP and Clinical Director of Warrington CCG and Chief Medical Officer at Push Doctor) and Dr Joanna Bircher (GP partner, clinical director for GP Excellence and Pandemic Lead for her PCN).
- Advantages of telephone and video consultations including how to use the golden minute, picking up cues on video consults and when they might be most useful.
- Safety points around confirming patient identity and others that may be in the room.
- The need for excellent documentation for non face to face consultations.
- Tips for good safety netting.
- Logistics of picking up prescriptions and how to protect shielded groups.
We really want to make these episodes relevant and helpful: if you have any questions or want any particular areas covered then contact us on Twitter @PCKBpodcast, or leave a comment on our really quick anonymous survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/YYQ763C
Listening to us on a podcast app
If you listen to podcasts already, you can find us on your favourite podcast app by searching “Primary Care Knowledge Boost”.
If you don’t have a podcast app, it is free and easy to install on your phone:
- Go to your phone’s app store (the Google Play Store for Android users and the iTunes store for iPhone users)
- Download a podcast app. Our favourites are ‘Castbox’, ’Pocketcasts’, and ‘Spotify’ as well as Apple’s own ‘Podcasts’ app for iPhone users.
- Open your app and search for ‘Primary Care Knowledge Boost’
- Click “Subscribe”.
Once you have installed an app and subscribed you should now be able to view our previous podcasts and will be notified when we post new ones.
Listening to us via direct link
If you want to listen directly, you can do so here: https://www.podbean.com/eu/pb-c23kd-d7d700
This may not work on NHS computers but you should be able to open it on a phone, or personal computer/tablet.
Add to favourites
Comments are closed.