NHS England are providing a free 3 hour GP Complaints Handling workshop in Manchester on 12 March 2020.
The workshop has been developed to support you and your practice team in preventing and managing complaints and improving the service provided to patients. It will encompass a presentation, reflective exercises, and facilitated group discussions.
The workshop will cover:
- What triggers complaints and how to prevent them
- How your practice and NHS England fit into the overall complaints process
- How to manage and respond to a complaint effectively
The workshop will be facilitated by Lee Bennett, Strategic Complaints Lead at NHS England and Dr Claire Macaulay, independent medico-legal consultant. The facilitators bring expert experience of supporting primary care teams to manage and respond to complaints with valuable insight into why complaints are raised and how they can be effectively handled.
By the end of the workshop delegates will have an understanding of professional complaints handling and be able to select the appropriate management techniques and implement the relevant strategies.
Feedback from previous courses:
- “Was the most informative training course I’ve been on for several years, with lots of information to take back, to be implemented in practice. The presenters were knowledgeable, informative and aware of the pressures in primary care.”
- “Knowledgeable presenters, engaging style and interesting content. Appreciated examples of good and bad practice and concrete tips as well as regulatory background”
- “It was excellently delivered by experts in their field. One of the best training courses I have ever attended.”
Two free workshops will take place at Manchester Conference Centre & The Pendulum Hotel, Weston Building, Sackville Street, Manchester, M1 3BB
Please note that places are limited and places are offered on a first come, first served basis.
The nearest train station is Manchester Piccadilly which is less than a 10 minute walk. Car parking is available offsite on Charles Street, Manchester, M1 3BB, £5 for 3-6 hours.
To book a place, please contact email@example.com with details of the session you wish to attend, your practice name, and role in the practice. Details of how we will protect your data is available online in our privacy notice available here: https://www.england.nhs.uk/contact-us/privacy-notice/