- HQIP have produced some resources to support organisations holding ‘audit tea breaks’ as part of Clinical Audit Awareness Week. The resources include a poster, an invite for staff, a quiz and conversation tips. The resources are available here.
- This guide is intended to help those responsible to review and develop arrangements for the effective ethics oversight of QI and clinical audit activities, as required.
- The National Diabetes Audit has collected data from 2003-04 to the present day. The latest publication reports on care processes and treatment targets for the audit period 1 January 2015 to 31 March 2016.
- This report details the findings of the CKD audit programme which compared GP practice performance against NICE quality standards.
- The Healthcare Quality Improvement Partnership is an independent organisation aims to improve health outcomes by enabling those who commission, deliver and receive healthcare to measure and improve our healthcare services. The HQIP website offers resources and support to help measure and improve healthcare services, especially in the areas of national clinical audit and quality improvement.
- This one year feasibility study was funded by NHSE, commissioned by the Healthcare Quality Improvement Partnership, and ran from March 2015- March 2016
National chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) audit programme: Primary care report for England 2014–15This summary report has been published as part of the National COPD Audit Programme. It details national data relating to primary-care-delivered COPD care in England.
- The report, commissioned by HQIP as part of the National Clinical Audit Programme and carried out by the Royal College of Physicians, uses data provided by 280 practices across Wales, including 48,105 COPD patients, the report highlights areas for quality improvement and sets out a series of key priorities for both general practices and Health Boards.
- The purpose of this guide is to set out updated criteria for best practice in local clinical audit. As well as the guide, check lists are available which can be used to assess healthcare organisations, clinical audit programmes and clinical audits against the criteria.
- The National Rheumatoid and Early Inflammatory Arthritis Audit report was commissioned by HQIP as part of the National Clinical Audit and Patient Outcome Programme (NCAPOP) and carried out by the British Society for Rheumatology (BSR).
- A newly updated step-by-step guide to developing an effective patient led panel.
- This is a comprehensive updated guide to the benefits of patient and public involvement (PPI) in quality improvement projects and how to implement effectively.
- This guide sets out the basics of statistical data analysis and presentation for those involved in local clinical audit and improvement projects.
- This submission demonstrates involving the bereaved in quality improvement, the value of relatives and carers sharing experiences, and quality improvement through difficult to reach groups.
- A simple guide covering common FAQs on clinical audit.
- A 2015 case study from NHS Luton Clinical Commissioning Group, who worked with carers of those living with dementia to understand and address the issues they faced, after it was identified many were reaching crisis point.
- The guide brings together twelve quality improvement (QI) methods, providing an overview of each and practical advice on how and when to implement them, with illustrative case examples.
- HQIP's definitive guide to developing clinical audit reports and tools suitable for patients, carers and other lay readers and useful to all involved in clinical audit and quality improvement, featuring guidance, tips, examples and case studies.