The NHS North West Leadership Academy have published details of a new leadership development programme designed to allow practice managers the space and time to consider their impact as a leader on themselves, their practice teams and GP’s, as well as the wider system.
Please note that by signing up to the programme you will be committing to attending all three sessions.
- 9.30am-12.30pm 26/01/2022
- 9.30am-12.30pm 01/03/2022
- 9am-12pm 05/04/2022
The role of the practice manager plays a crucial part in the coordination and delivery of primary care activity. Not only is the role pivotal it is evolving and growing in response. While this presents exiting new possibilities it also has it difficulties. Practices are busy, and the practice manager is in high demand from other people in and around the practice, to patients and public.
During the programme participants will embark on a development journey which builds the foundations to form a sustainable peer support group. Reflecting on recent leadership experiences participants will be supported to develop their leadership both personally and as teams, looking at how practice managers can develop and support the role in Primary Care Networks (PCNs).
Delivered via Zoom over three 3-hour workshops this programme is designed to support practice managers to:
- Build and develop effective working relationships across their networks
- Enhance influencing and negotiation skills
- Greater confidence and personal resilience working across systems
- Develop more effective and assertive communication skills
- Consolidate learning into reality and apply back to their workplaces.
Expression of Interest
If you are unable to attend the dates available, please click here to express an interest in future dates of this programme.