Clinical Research Network Greater Manchester
The National Institute for Health Research Clinical Research Network provides practical support to allow high-quality clinical research to take place in the NHS. This is so we can gather evidence that leads to new and better treatments for patients.
- Helps researchers set up clinical studies quickly and effectively
- Matches patients with potential studies and delivers studies to time and target within the NHS
- Holds intelligence about patient populations and care pathways
- Supports the life-sciences industry to deliver clinical research programmes
- Provides health professionals with clinical research training
- Works with patients to ensure their needs are at the centre of all we do
We operate across England through a national coordinating centre and 15 local branches delivering research in the NHS across all therapy areas.
The NIHR Clinical Research Network Greater Manchester helps increase opportunities for patients to take part in clinical research, ensures that studies are carried out efficiently, and supports the Government’s Strategy for UK Life Sciences by improving the environment for commercial contract clinical research in the NHS.
We are passionate about the contribution clinical research can make to patient care and work collaboratively to translate that passion into the effective delivery of studies in the locality.
Greater Manchester Clinical Research Network supports several initiatives where you are able to register your details and volunteer to participate in clinical research. For further information visit www.researchforthefuture.org and www.joindementiaresearch.org