This page shows the collection of discussions that you have started on the website.
- CPRD/RCGP QI Patient Safety Reports27th March 2019On 2017 I signed our practice, Lockside Medical Centre to CPRD, a research initiative, funded by MHRA/NIHR, that routinely collects anonymised patient data from practices to support innovative public health research. Though my motives were initially altruistic, signing up turned out to bring other benefits.Diagnose | New data
- Is your practice ready for improvement?17th September 2018My experience has shown me the two most important features in context are time and teamwork. Getting your whole team together to focus on an area of work, where everyone gets to input their thoughts can be very helpful.Context | Behaviour change
- Join the improvement science movement in 201918th September 2018Haelo’s flagship Improvement Science for Leaders (IS4L) programme is a year-long course that supports teams to develop, deliver, and sustain improvements in their organisations and across the NHS. Find out how you can join the improvement science movement in 2019.Context | Diagnose | Plan and test | Implement | Sustain | Patient involvement | Engagement | Improvement science | Analysis tools | Behaviour change | Collaboration | Evaluation
- My experience of being a GP Research Fellow28th October 2019Dr Nicholas Fernandez writes about his experience as a GP Research Fellow and explains why research is a great opportunity to not only design change but evidence the reason for that change.Improvement science
- Reflections on a career in research as an active general practitioner16th January 2020My reflections on a career in research as an active general practitioner following an initial opportunity to be involved in a research study into a respiratory drug trial at the North West Lung Centre.
- This is Manchester, we do things differently here14th September 2018"This is Manchester, we do things differently here”, how often in recent months has that quote by Tony Wilson been referenced? But when it comes to supporting General Practice in Greater Manchester it definitely applies.Context | Behaviour change
- Undertaking clinical research in General Practice1st November 2019Dr Omair Razzaq writes about his surgery's involvement in clinical research and his hopes for developing treatments and helping advancements in the medical world.Improvement science
- What do you think about the website?10th September 2018Whether you have been involved in quality improvement for a while or just want to find out more, we are interested to know whether the website is supporting you in your journey and helping you to connect to colleagues across the Greater Manchester who are working to improve quality in primary care.Context | Sustain | Engagement | Behaviour change | Collaboration
- Why become a GP or primary care researcher?25th September 2019In this article Jane Wilcock, GP, educator and researcher at Silverdale Medical Centre Salford writes about her experience as a GP researcher, not funded and doing research in her own time.Improvement science