My case studies
This page shows the collection of the collection of quality improvement case studies that you have shared on the website.
- Cornbrook Medical Practice Case Study: Networking with Local VCSO Partners13th February 2019Cornbrook Medical Practice (Cornbrook) is a multi-site GP Practice comprising of 13,000 patients, one of the largest in Manchester. The two sites are located in the heart of Hulme and Manchester City Centre.
- Haxby PROACTIVE project31st October 2016Haxby Prospective Review Of Patient ACcess, Time Management and Workload to ImproVe Efficiency (PROACTIVE) project will have three overarching themes: Patient Care, Sustainability and Collaboration. These themes will be visible in all work streams and changes that are developed.
- Implementation of Paramedics in a GP setting at Haxby Group in Hull26th October 2016This improvement work involves three Paramedic practitioners who are helping to aid the provision of urgent care in our four Hull-based sites, which are embracing new ways of working.1 comment
- Improving Processes in Salford GP Practices18th September 2018Practices Improving Processes in Salford, otherwise known as PIPS, was a Breakthrough Series (BTS) Collaborative designed to improve efficiency in eight Salford GP practices with a view to share learning across Salford by using Quality Improvement (QI) methodologies.
- Improving the prescribing of opioid based analgesia at Springfield Medical Centre21st May 2019Springfield Medical Centre is a general practice with 10,000 patients in Eccles. The practice recently undertoook a successful project to improve prescribing of opioid based analgesia.
- Quality Improvement in Haxby Group Primary Care Vasectomy Service21st October 2016Haxby Group Practice has offered vasectomies to patients registered in GP practices in North Yorkshire for the past decade and has now carried out over 3000 procedures in an out of hospital setting. As a result, this has shifted and consolidated the provision of this service locally to Primary care.
- Reducing harm to patients taking high risk drugs in Salford18th September 2018Practices Improving the Safety of Medicines in Salford, otherwise known as PrISMS, was a Breakthrough Series Collaborative designed to improve medication safety in 8 Salford GP practices with a view to scale up across all GP practices in Salford.
- Reducing routine GP appointment waiting times at Pickering Medical Practice, North Yorkshire10th May 2019A North Yorkshire GP practice has managed a reduction of 47% in waiting times (from 19 days to 10 days) for routine GP appointments. The work undertaken also saw improvements in other areas, including a 15% reduction in stress levels for staff and a 12% increase in telephone consultations.
- Reducing strong opiate prescribing3rd March 2017Following a general rise in prescribing within our practice, this improvement work achieved a reduction in the number of prescriptions for strong opiate medication, drugs of the equivalent strength of codeine 30mg or above, issued per month at Lockside Medical Centre.
- Reducing the number of incoming telephone calls19th June 2019Lockside Medical Centre, a practice in Greater Manchester share their experience in a short case study video of undertaking a quality improvement project on reducing the number of incoming phone calls to their practice.
- Social prescribing – The Alvanley Way13th September 2018Social prescribing and having conversations with patients about what matters to them has enabled the practice to reduce its GP workload from 15 to 12 patients per session as well as benefiting the local community and staff morale.
- Urban Village Medical Practice Homeless Healthcare Service (incorporating the mpath service)30th November 2018Urban Village Medical Practice is a GP practice based at Ancoats Primary Care Centre on the outskirts of Manchester city centre. As well as providing primary healthcare to over 10,000 registered general patients the team at the practice have also been providing healthcare to homeless people in Manchester since 1991.
- Using 5S in the consulting room13th April 2017We took part in a session based on ‘5S principles’ and applied this philosophy to help us organise our consulting rooms and administrative areas into leaner, cleaner and more efficient places in which to work.